When I first started bodysurfing I got away with not using fin savers or fin tethers. However, when I lost my first pair of bodysurfing fins in big surf, I realised how important fin savers are. There's nothing worse than being caught in the engine room after a heavy wipeout, with no fins. Fighting the waves to stay afloat, coupled with the thought of forking out for another pair is less than ideal. I made the decision there and then that I would buy fin savers with my next pair. When I first got the fin savers, I had no clue how to put them on. So I've written this post, so you do have a clue.
These are the instructions on how to install DaFiN Fin Savers.
1. Buy DaFiN's and Fin Savers.
2. Lay out your fins and open up your fin savers.
3. Wrap the fin savers around the heel strap of the DaFiN.
4. Feed the strap and buckle through the fin saver holes.
5. Feed the strap through the middle hole on the buckle with the buckle lines facing inwards.
6. Feed the strap back through the buckle via the top hole on the opposite side.
7. All done.
Slide feet in and tighten strap over the bridge of the foot.